Thursday, June 28, 2007

PodCast Tip of the Week

I wanted to share with you some general insights I have learned with microphones lately. Some of you that have been doing this for a while may already be aware of this but here are some helpful tips for those of us that are novices at this.

I just purchase a USB Samson CO1U microphone to record my podcasts with. This is nice mic a step up from the Logitec headset/mic combo I was using( but still very functional --). One thing I wish I would have known after the fact was that this is a single direction mic vs. multi-directional mic. Meaning if I ever wanted to record more than one person in an interview it is not the best tool for the job. The recommend USB mic for this would be the Snowball from Blue (and it's pretty cool looking too).

I believe both of these are featured in the Apple online training tips for podcasting
http://www.apple.com/business/tip/garageband/index.html

I personally do not use a MAC (wishing I had one now) but you can use these tips regardless if you have a MAC or PC

No comments: